I just want you to know… I’m not doing this for you.
Hey, I'm Cait!
23. College Graduate. In love. Cat lady.
Trying to live a healthy lifestyle.
Healthy dinner might have to go out with window tonight.
I took chicken from the freezer last night to put into my fridge to defrost over night so I could Marinate it this morning.
Well my fridge is apparently just as cold as my freezer because it was still rock hard this morning.
SO, if it’s still frozen when I get home from work, I can either speed defrost and bread and fry it, or I can leave it until tomorrow and Marinate it tomorrow.
If I didn’t have yoga tonight then I wouldn’t have a problem, speed defrost it, marinate for an hour and grill it up, but I have yoga and I don’t have time for that. Unless I don’t go to yoga, but my month expires Sunday and I should probably get some last classes in.
So, I’ll probably just end up picking something up from Target to throw in the oven since I have to stop and get a few items on my way home from work.
I’m not sure how I’m going to live through the next 1 1/2 - 2 months.
My original goal for April was to have $5,000 saved and be getting my tax return early.
Well, its mid-February I don’t even have half of that amount saved and haven’t even thought about taxes.
I can have $5,000 and enough to live on for a week by the end of April, which isn’t too far off from my original goal on the beginning of the month.
Here is my problem.. That means I can NOT spend any money outside of bills and gas for my car. I have allowed for a little wiggle room of about $600 which I know seems like it might be a lot of money, but it’s going to mean a serious change in the way I’ll be doing my grocery shopping. (Since I didn’t include that in my bills and gas allowance)
I know that if it was just me, I wouldn’t have a problem. If anything it would be a huge help. I’d cut out all the junk food and expensive meats and stick with fruits and veggies because they are cheaper and healthier. BUT since it isn’t me, and my boyfriend loves to have chips, soda and meat in his life it’s not going to be that simple. Of course I could just make him pay for the groceries, but that might cause more issues than it would resolve, but that’s a discussion for another time.
I plan to stick to it until April 1st and then I can re-evaluate where I am and go from there.
I plan to -
1) Not spend any money that I do not need to spend.
2) Meal plan! I’m going to look through my cabinets and take inventory (which is running low), from there I can plan what to make for the week with minimal money spent at the grocery store. I know I have lots of frozen chicken and some frozen meats, so hopefully I can focus on fruits and veggies at the store. This will hopefully cut my grocery bills in half.
3) I’m already bringing lunch to work with me - I need to turn this into a habit. Even if it means I’ll be having PB&J every day after I run out of lunch meat. I have three loafs of bread at home - I guess I’ll have to switch to white bread soon. :\
4) I need to make a decision about what I’m going to do about Yoga. It’s just too expensive to keep going. Nicole has offered to sell me some of her classes at 1/2 price. She has 38 classes that expire in April and she NEVER goes, she always bails on me last minute. I have a $40 check from Christmas that I can use to buy 10 classes from her, which is an STEAL because at the studio I’d pay $150-$170 for those 10 classes.
5) Don’t make unnecessary trips to stores - only go once every two weeks. (This will enforce meal planning)
6) As much as I love water bottles and DD, I have a Keurig and a Brita pitcher - no reason to buy coffee or water for a while.
While I’m doing all of that, I also have to make time to exercise so I can be all skinny for Megan’s wedding in June. My Goal in 10 pounds a month, so I guess I have to get working – maybe those PB&J’s will come in handy.
The biggest thing I have to try and accomplish is to do all of this without Mike realizing I’m going to be struggling for a while. He’ll just want to give me money and I really want to buy this car on my own.
I have a lot of things I need to work on in the next two months and I hope being forced into being frugal will actually benefit my life in more ways than one. I guess I’ll find out.